Vision and Mission
Writing a Mission Statement is not enough, it must be put into action every day. At WTU we constantly reflect on our purpose and values to determine our priorities and to guide our decision-making.
Washington State is a world leader in information and communication technology, ‘new economy’ business, agriculture, aerospace, and life science. The founders of Washington Technology University envisage a small residential university that not only prepares students to participate in these industries, but also draws the expertise of these organizations into the teaching and learning process. In short, a university that leverages this unique local context to develop students’ global competencies; and one that prepares students to be adaptive learners, capable of achieving success as they are promoted into leadership positions around our rapidly changing, interconnected, and challenged world.
To inspire success and build better lives.
Washington Technology University will empower people to become industry leaders and responsible global citizens through a rigorous learning environment and a culture of innovation.
- Integrity: Honest, ethical, and responsible behavior
- Diversity: Embracing the diversity of individuals and ideas
- Academic Excellence: Pursuing high standards of teaching, intellectual inquiry, and academic freedom
- Relevance: Preparing students with in-demand knowledge, cognitive, and non-cognitive skills
- Innovation: Employing, exploring, and encouraging students to seek forward-looking solutions
- Service: Attending to the needs of all with compassion and fairness