Information Security Certificate
What You'll Learn
- Understand the foundations of identify management, access control, and cryptography
- Differentiate common computer viruses, security methodologies, threat identification, vulnerability assessments, and access controls
- Recognize the importance of adopting a personal ethical framework. Discuss ramifications of cyber-stalking and cyber-bullying, hacktivism, and review influential cyber attacks
- Summarize relevant cyber laws and corporate governance structures designed to reinforce internal and external cyber security policies and controls
- Learn how compliance laws are used to safeguard organizational data. Learn how to implement and audit security controls using industry audit standards
Who Should Attend?
This certificate is designed for individuals interested in expanding their knowledge in information security as it relates broadly to the organization. This certificate will appeal to those employed as corporate governance officers, legal counsel, compliance, regulatory affairs, quality control or anyone in management overseeing critical infrastructures.
Must be admitted as a WTU non-degree seeking student.
Complete four undergraduate courses (20 credits) with a C (2.0) or better.