Welcome Transfer Students
Are you looking to increase your expertise? Prepare for a career change? Position yourself for a promotion?
Whether you are a recent community college graduate or are returning to study after years in the workplace, Washington Technology University is a warm and welcoming place to earn your bachelor's degree.
We value the diverse experiences students coming from other colleges, universities, and work places bring to our university. This page will provide you with information and resources needed to transition to WTU. If you are considering WTU, we recommend talking with one of our advisors. The advisor can answer any questions you may have, and make sure you have all the information you need.
Step 1 - Preparing to Transfer
Use this website to explore the programs offered, the transfer procedures and deadline, tuition rates, and fees. Start thinking about the following:
1. What would you like to study?
☐ Bachelor of Science in Information Security
☐ Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Managementa>
☐ Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
2. How would you like to learn?
☐ On Campus
3. When would you like to start?
☐ Winter 2020 - Starts January 6
☐ Spring 2020 - Starts March 30
☐ Summer 2020 - Starts July 6
☐ Fall 2020 - Starts September 28
4. Check your transfer credits
☐ Read the information on the Transfer Credit Evaluation page.
☐ For an initial, free credit evaluation, send your unofficial transcripts along with the name of the program you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 - Apply to WTU
1. Complete the Online Easy Application Form.
2. Speak with your WTU admissions representative.
Once we receive your application, we will connect with you by email and/or phone.
Your admissions specialist will co-ordinate the additional steps with you.
3. Send us unofficial transcripts (if you haven't already) and complete additional scholarship applications.
We will use these to create and send you a Personal Learning Plan.
4. Confirm acceptance of your Personal Learning Plan.
The plan will summarize the program you will enter, credits to be transferred, tuition and scholarship arrangements.
Step 3 - Transferring to WTU
1. Send us your official transcripts.
We will validate your credits and send you an official acceptance letter.
2. Review acceptance notification from WTU, and confirm acceptance.
3. Read the information we send about preparing for classes.
We will send information about orientation, advising, your WTU email, access to online learning applications, and the initial courses into which you will be automatically registered.
4. Be ready on the first day of class.
Check your email frequently before classes start, we may send you important messages.