Call: (425) 223-5812

Transfer Students - Requirements

Already completed some college credits? Make the most of your hard work by tranferring your credits towards a Bachelor's Degree.

The courses you have completed demonstrate that you are a capable and applied student. Recognizing these achievements, we will evaluate the courses you have taken, and transfer in credits where possible.


You are a transfer student if you have completed coursework during a regular session at a college or university after high school. (The summer session immediately following high school graduation does not count.)

To transfer to WTU, you must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.

You may transfer in up to 135 quarter credits.

For a quick evaluation, send your unofficial transcripts to:

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

Associate Degrees

The University always attempts to provide full transfer of successfully completed associate's degrees from regionally or nationally accredited institutions. When part of a completed associate degree, transfer credit may include pass/fail courses, advanced placement, credit by examination, dual credit, and experiential learning credits. The integrity of the associate degree will not be invalidated by these components, and transfer credit will be provided according to existing academic policies. For students with multiple associate degrees, the University will use the first degree received from a regionally accredited institution as the basis for transfer credit evaluation.

Transfer of Associate of Arts Degree

The Associate of Arts degree is designed as a transfer degree into a four-year baccalaureate program. The University provides full transfer of all coursework successfully completed as part of an Associate of Arts degree awarded by a regionally accredited institution. While students with associate's degrees typically transfer 90 quarter hours - approximately the first two years of the baccalaureate educational experience – students can transfer in up to 110 credit hours as part of the completed associate of arts degree. Transfer of additional lower-division credit beyond the associate's degree is restricted. Transfer students must meet the University's minimum residency programmatic and graduation requirements. For students with multiple associate's degrees, the University will use the first degree received from a regionally-accredited institution as the basis for transfer credit evaluation.

Washington Technology University accepts associate degrees that meet the requirements of the Washington Direct Transfer Curricula. These degrees are designed specifically to transfer and meet all the general education requirements; all credits will transfer to Washington Technology University and students are guaranteed junior level standing.

Transfer of Other Associate Degrees

The University provides full transfer credit for specialized associate degrees (Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Fine Arts, etc.) successfully completed at regionally or nationally accredited institutions. If completion of a required general education program is documented on the official transcript, the transfer student will have satisfied the University's general education requirement. Transfer without a degree is evaluated on a course-by-course basis subject to the University's policies regarding lower-division programs.